Thursday, March 27, 2008

Weebles Wobble, but they don't fall down!

I don't want to share my bedroom secrets, but it all started late last night when our chunky kitty, Scabbers, wouldn't reposition himself on the bed so there was room for me. Out of nowhere and pretty much from a dead sleep, I said to Corrie, "he's like a weeble wobble!" I probably haven't thought about weeble wobbles in a few years-probably most people haven't thought about them in 20 years, but from time to time especially when I go through an e-bay phase, I like to think about all of my favorite childhood toys. On my top 10 favorite toys of all time list would be: legos (in the #1 spot), then in no particular order: Lincoln Logs, my spirograph, our Fisher Price Sesame Street playhouse, my sister's Hotwheels collection, our toy oven that we played restaurant with, bristle blocks, tinkertoys, that train that played records, and our weeble wobble circus tent. I couldn't find the whole set on the ebay, but I did find this photo as part of Aaron's Wobbleland:

I remember trying to catapult the weebles out of the cannon and onto the swings, but that didn't always work. Oh, and ours also had a trampoline, but I don't see that here. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for the set. I guess this might be why some people have kids-so they can buy this stuff without feelings of guilt.

Don't judge me for thinking about weebles today-I had a bad day of web snafus and expensive vet bills. Everything seems to have worked out in the end.

No comments: