Saturday, August 2, 2008

More kitten photos and chicken and waffles

Teensy Weensy, or Tip, (she has multiple names right now-look at the tip of her tail and you'll see where Tip came from) is approximately 3 weeks old this week and is getting around a bit.



From what I could tell a couple of days ago, TW/Tip's sight still isn't completely developed. She's also very wobbly. I haven't seen her in a couple of days because Itty Bittiest moved her underneath the porch after bringing a dead bird into the nest pictured above. I expected mom to bring dead animals around to show TW/Tip how to hunt, but I didn't expect it to happen this soon. No one is rushing to remove the dead bird-not me, not Corrie, and not Itty Bittiest. I think it will have to be dealt with today.

Ever since I went to LA but didn't have time to make it to Roscoe's, Corrie has been on a fried chicken and waffle kick. (who are we kidding, he was on that kick before the trip ever since Alton Brown talked about it on Feasting on Asphalt. He seemed heartbroken that I didn't get there, but I told him I thought that was an experience we'd need to share together someday. The fact it's 2-0 Erica in the authentic philly cheese steak category is already bad enough.) So we (by that I mean Corrie) made our own:


Corrie used boneless/skinless chicken breasts for Paula Deen's fried chicken recipe. The waffles came from his trusty Alton Brown recipe. Then you pour syrup over all of it. Syrup on chicken is tasty! Luther agreed-I shared my chicken with him.

No comments: