Friday, August 22, 2008

Tip

I'm sorry to report that we lost Tip this week. She had been acting a little funny last weekend, and after a couple of trips to the vet, meds, and fetching her out of two different neighbor's gardens, she didn't make it. It breaks my heart, but I have to believe that we did everything we could to help her out. I fear as a stray cat's kitten, she probably had the cards stacked against her from the beginning. We held a small ceremony in the butterfly garden Wednesday night-the mom, Itty Bittiest, attended from afar.

This experience has brought us closer to Itty Bittiest-she has become a much friendlier cat over the past month. She's now been to the vet and had her first set of shots, so I think she'll become our 5th and final cat. She'll be spayed next week.

Tip, we won't forget our 5 weeks together and the spunkiness you brought to our backyard.

Sorry to start the weekend on such a sad note. The past week has been hard to get through, and I'm hoping things will start going a little better on all accounts in the coming weeks.