Friday, February 29, 2008

Call Me Ishmael

New blogging subject material! Corrie decided to take up fishing again, so we (by that I mean he) bought us new rods and supplies today at Shopko and Scheels and our fishing and park permits on the internets! I knew he wasn't going to be able to wait one day to fish, so at 4:30 today we headed out to Holmes Lake so I could go for a short run and he could fish.

I guess we forgot it was still February-the lake was mostly frozen! Corrie found a place to try out, though, so I went for a 30 minute run around the lake. I was afraid he would've become too frustrated and would've been back in his truck waiting for me by the time I looped back, but he was still at it. Then, what do you know, he actually caught a fish. I think he thinks it was a bass. He threw it back, though, just like I accidentally threw his needle nose pliers into the lake. I didn't catch anything except myself when the hook got stuck in my pants.

I don't see myself getting obsessed with fishing, but it has appealing aspects: being outside, not a lot of movement involved, perhaps doing it somewhere where you can enjoy an adult beverage simultaneously.

1 comment:

halfpassgirl said...

Too bad Shannon's no longer at Scheel's--she could have helped y'all out with your fishing supplies.